Brown Butter Cranberry Almond Pancake Muffins | Joy The Baker
Brown Butter Cranberry Almond Pancake Muffins
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted until browned and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- heaping 1 cup whole and sliced fresh cranberries
For the glaze...
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- For the muffins, in a bowl, whisk together milk, egg, yolk, and extracts. Whisk in the slightly cooled butter until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Just before the batter comes together, stir in the cranberries. Try not to over mix the batter or the muffins could be tough.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the muffins bake, cook the syrup. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat stir together the maple syrup and lemon. Simmer gently until reduced and thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. While still warm, use a toothpick to poke holes in the muffins.
- Drizzle the warm muffins with warm reduced maple syrup. Serve warm or room temperature. They're sticky and delicious!
Recipe via Joy The Baker.