Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Honey & Peanuts
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey & Peanuts
- 2 cups (approximate) Brussels sprouts, outer darker leaves removed, stems removed and cut in half
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, (I used cashews this time, but I prefer peanuts) lightly pounded in a mortar and pestle and dry roasted in a hot pan
- "splash" balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper to the Brussels sprouts ensuring they are well coated. Place in a baking tray and cook for 20 mins. (The edges should be slightly crispy and browning nicely). Don't taste because you will eat them ALL and have nothing for the rest of the recipe. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan until melted and bubbly. Add the honey and peanuts and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Add the balsamic and the roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe via Souvlaki For The Soul.